Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Pete Wylie - Diamond Girl (MDM)

My copy of this record had a hole in it - and I don't mean in the middle. I should have tossed it aside in an indignant huff and refused to review it but in between the pops, skips and clicks there is a jolly good pop record. You just can't help but like Wylie and this is a very worthy follow up to "Sinful". I'm told the copies in the shops don't come with the second hole - perhaps I should hold onto this in case it becomes a collectors' item. 4/5 (Pat Thomas, No 1, September 6, 1986)

"The fabulous Josie Jones" is actually Pete Wylie's ex-live-in-lover, and whether she's the one responsible for making this song a superbly jaunty piece of "rock" I don't really know, but anyway it's an excellent follow-up to "Sinful". Pete Wylie's wanted to be a pop star for years and now - presto! - he is one. (William Shaw, Smash Hits, September 24, 1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...