Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Talking Loud And Clear (Virgin)

This is very strange. I heard it on Radio 1 recently and it took me aback. It's very charming. I keep using that word! It has a nursery rhyme quality. I keep expecting Andy McCluskey to say 'settle down children, Andy Pandy is coming to play. This is a good record. (John Taylor [Duran Duran], Smash Hits, June 21, 1984)

I can take OMD in small doses and this is fairly harmless. A quiet, snoozing in the grass lament, its sweet nothings and chintzy tune are the kind of thing that Burl Ives used to croon on Saturday morning programmes for the kiddies. At least Andy McCluskey couldn't possibly dance to it. (Max Bell, No 1, June 16, 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...