Sunday, August 21, 2016

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Epic)

I've already heard this on the radio and I confess to liking it. Nobody else I've talked to likes it, however. It may be a bit too chirpy for some people but the more I hear the more I like it. I believe she comes from New York. (Martyn Ware [Heaven 17], Smash Hits, January 19, 1984)

Apart from showing a bit of leg on the cover, Cyndi Lauper's talent seems to rest heavily on her ability to swallow large amounts of helium. Cyndi apparently used to sing with a band called Blue Angel in New York's Greenwich Village and is being touted by many as the American Tracey Ullman. This song's certainly as squeaky and squawky as our Trace and I'm assured there's an hysterical video to match. (Paul Simper, No 1, January 7, 1984)

Showing vast a mounts of leg on the front cover - I think she's got more leg than I've got body actually. An Interesting record, a bit different. (David Grant [Imagination], Record Mirror, January 7, 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...