Saturday, September 2, 2017

H2O - Just Outside Of Heaven (RCA)

This makes Kajagoogoo sound classy. Watery synths and stunningly intelligent lyrics(?) build up for a real barnstorming crescendo, I was really moved, I must say. And my word, aren't they a good-looking bunch for sure. They remind me of New Musik and I'm sure the singer must want to be in OMD very badly. (Peter Martin, Smash Hits, August 4, 1983)

Anonymous poppyrock. I suggest you heed the news bulletins and use as little H2O as possible. (Paul Simper, No 1, July 23, 1983)

H2googoo look like keeping their feet under the table for a long time. Another deceptive song with the initial impact of a wet flannel, before those soft musical rumblings begin to take hold. Absolutely no escape. (Robin Smith, Record Mirror, July 23, 1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...