Friday, August 11, 2017

Wham! - Club Tropicana (Innervision)

This time we see the bad boys avoiding their oppressive parents by saving up their social security and swanning off to Ibiza (oh, really). This is the 4th track taken off Fantastic and it's a heap of meaningless summer drivel. The boys have obviously got a bad case of sunstroke. (Peter Martin, Smash Hits, August 4, 1983)

Andrew 'Shorts' Ridgeley is convinced this will be their first No.1. Personally I'd have put more money on "Nothing Looks The Same In The Light" but this is likeable enough and, most importantly, a marked change from the Bad Guns Rap trilogy. (Paul Simper, No 1, July 23, 1983)

Perhaps it's because I'm a pale, skinny weakling that I detest Wham so much as they flex their muscles and flash those dazzling smiles, while I'm in the shade covering myself in Camomile lotion. Their stuff moves my penguin-like feet not an inch. Now, perhaps if I sent off for that Bullworker... (Robin Smith, Record Mirror, July 23, 1983)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...