Friday, June 2, 2017

Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) (Arista)

I don't like the photograph on the cover. She's very beautiful, but so over made up. I don't like this song at all, it takes a real dive after the intro and it's even worse than Pepsi and Shirlie. It's so predictable I can sing the chorus before she gets to it, her A&R man should be taken out and strung up. Whitney's got a great voice, but it's so wasted on this kind of thing. The most disappointing single of the week. The worst actual song. (Johnny Logan, No 1, May 30, 1987)

No surprises here as the Great Whitney Houston announces her return from a long lay-off with her usual brilliant singing and a tune that is less immediately gripping than "How Will I Know" but which gets better with every play. Welcome back, ma'am! (Barry McIlheney, Smash Hits, May 20, 1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...