Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Madonna - La Isla Bonita (Sire)

I've heard this a million times already. I like her and her music's always entertaining. I don't think she's made a bad record, but sometimes you have to be inspired by music and not just entertained. I quite like her records but if there were two record shops across the road and one of them was playing this, I'd go in the other one! I like it but it's not her best. (Owen Paul, No 1, March 28, 1987)

Presumably the last (but not least) single from the True Blue album, "La Isla Bonita" is as close to Abba as Madonna can get without learning a second language. Swaying palms and balmy harmonies. But would she share her desert island idyll with Oliver Reed and a jug of orange? (Paul Simper, No 1, March 7, 1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...