Monday, November 7, 2016

Toyah - Soul Passing Through Soul (Portrait)

Q: What do you get when you cross Toyah in her Bowie mood (circa "Heroes") and Sheena Easton's old producer? A: Two things. One is difficulty stifl­ing those yawns, and secondly, something you wouldn't want to tread in while walking across a cow field.(Mike Gardner, Record Mirror, June 22, 1985)

I'm sorry to say it but in the whole history of popular music I can think of no-one who I've liked less than Toyah (except, possibly, The Art Company with their summer hit, "Susanna" last year - but at least they had the decency to fade into obscurity). So I'm not the best person to ask for an objective opinion on her new single, which is a bit similar to David Bowie's "Heroes". For the record though, I don't like it. (Chris Heath, Smash Hits, June 19, 1985)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...